Thursday, January 9, 2014

Southpoly vs Webb Schools


Today's game was at Webb Schools in Claremont. It has such beautiful views. To me it looked like a college campus. Anyways, this game was a friendly game because they are in a higher division than Southlands. That's what I was told. I got to be captain with my teammate Diana. We meet the refs and the other captains of our opponent's team and choose what side we want to start of in and who starts with the ball first all with the flip of a coin.  This game against Webb schools was more of a back and forth kind of game. We had some chances in scoring so did they. They were also super tall and physical. They ended up scoring one goal in the first half. During the first half one of our teammate got badly injured and I think thats what changed our game. We were worried about her and that we only had one sub. We weren't focused on the game. At the start of the second half we changed that. We were dominating in possession we just couldn't get the ball in the back of the net. Since we had no more subs I had to drop down and play as a midfield, which I think I did pretty well in marking my player, helping out the defense and going up when we were goal bound. We lost the game 1-0. Our coach said we played really well. We tried our best! :)

bus ride to game with these girls:)

Their soccer field and school was so beautiful. 

Briana and I



The home fan's seats

Our fan's seats :(
Where we keep the first aid kit, water and the stats to keep
 score or write what's going on in the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment