Thursday, January 23, 2014

Southlands vs Indian Springs 1-1

We had an away game in San Bernardino against Indian Springs High School. Since the school is public, it was a non-league against them. This was the game I played after my stitches and I was a bit hesitant going close to the goalie. I think I'm just a bit traumatized from the hit. But I will eventually get get over it. Indian Springs scored in the first 3 minutes which was pretty devastating. We gave up a goal that should have never happened. We were determined to get back that goal and many more. I scored by a throw in pass. I was in the corner of the 18 yard box and just shot the ball over the goalie. She was a bit of her line so couldn't reach it. The funny thing is that I controlled the ball with my still bruised and hurting forehead and shot the ball. The score was now 1-1. It stay like that for the entire remaining minutes of the game. In the second half, we were coming more confident and determined to score goals. I had a little more shots in the second half with the ball hitting the crossbar a few times. It was frustrating! The final score was 1-1. One thing that we could improve is winning the 50/50 balls. We were to scared to trap the ball for some reason. We waited till it bounced and that gave Indian Springs the chance to get to the ball first. We will get them next time!

Since we had a long drive home we went to eat as a family again. It was nice! The girls always make me laugh. My teammates are the best!
pre-game smiles :D

On our way back to the bus
The field we played on. It was all dry grass. They had
already put the goal post away.

On our way home


Family dinner at Farmer Boys
Diana and Anabelle being silly. They always
make me laugh:D

No comments:

Post a Comment