Friday, February 28, 2014

Extra post: February

These past few  months my mentorship has been an extraordinary experience. During this month, we, the Southpoly girls soccer team had our last few league games that would determine if we qualified for CIF. Practices between these games were so different from our starting practices. We really wanted to win and it showed during practice. As my Mentor Marisa Tipton says " The way you practice is the way you're going to play." I believe this is true because we get a feeling of how a game will be by the passes you make and having a game-set mentality. All you have to be thinking about is the game! No side distractions.  You could see that mentality we developed within the games. For example in one of the games we were down a point and we kept fighting till the last minute. Or when we were up a point even though we were winning it was still 0-0 in our mind. We never gave up on the runs and just kept attacking to score goals. This month, I also had the opportunity to go to Catalina Island and stay overnight to play 2 games against Avalon High School. Even though we lost both games by one point our coaches were so proud of our performance.  My 10 best friends were on the field with me and that's all I needed to try my best. Even though the season has ended for us on the first round of CIF, the friendships and memories we have created will be cherished and remembered forever.
 The I-Poly girls that I got to share this experience with.
I-Poly soccer players
 
 
 
 
 
These girls and I were inseparable in the team. They were and still are my best friends throughout this experience. They made this experience the most fun I have ever had in a soccer team.
 
Analysa was and is my rock, she is the type of person that could make my day better with her silly jokes. She was always taking care of me and motivating me to do my best. This experience has also made us closer. We are bros!! I love her very much!
 
 Briana was the one that convinced me in joining the team and I am eternally grateful. Briana is always helping me improve in soccer by giving me drills to do. I was always learning from her. She is the cutest and smallest person with a strong voice. I love her so much!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment