Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1


  • LITERAL
          A) I, Jasmin Quiroz, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
         B) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component.
                     My source that helped my complete my independent component was Jaime Fuentes, coach of the Espana team. Also Ana Mendez and Marissa Tipton, coaches of  the Southlands girls varsity soccer team.
         C) Provide a digital spreadsheet. Post it next to your mentorship log.
                DONE:)

        D) Explanation of what you completed.
                What I did to complete my independent component was go to some of my Espana games. Since I no longer play with them due to my commitment with the Southlands soccer team, I did the rest of my hours there. The CIF rules state that once soccer seasons start you can't play outside of school as in a club or city team. So I had to stop playing for Espana. In the Southlands soccer team I played all the soccer games we had as a forward or when needed as a middle in league and non-league games.

HERE ARE THE RESULTS OF OUR GAMES

  • INTERPRETIVE
I was able to take pictures of the games we had. For every game I had, I would write on a blog post how it went, what we did well, how we could improve and what the score was. I was also able to get some games on video.









































Here are the results of all our games

  • APPLIED
My component helped me understand the foundation of my topic better because I had the opportunity to actual play in a high school team that wants to win CIF. I play for Southlands Christian High School. It gave me a different perspective of what you need to actually be a successful high school team with practice, commitment, communication and of course eating healthy. I am still able to play as a forward for the team and score goals. I have about 9 goals in the overall soccer season. I was also able to come up with my first answer by playing against other teams and seeing the different soccer formations that they use. I got to see the coaches' perspective on how they coach and manage a soccer team. I would keep stats of the game when I would get subbed out to help the my coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment