Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Content:

Literal
done
Ana Mendez, Southlands Christian High School

Interpretive
 The most thing I gained from this experience is being a part of a high school team for my last year of high school and just being able to experience as a high school athlete what I takes to try and make it to CIF. The Southlands soccer team made it to the first round of CIF, which is a good start for the first year of the team. I learned some of the aspects of playing from playing high school such as training, traveling, diet, winning and losing games,  All these sub-sections are really important when it comes to playing soccer.This year's girls soccer team was the first soccer team ever at Southlands. I also gained being able to have a soccer family. My teammates have been through my ups and downs in soccer, through injury and when it comes to school projects for the I-Poly girls. I know that in every team there will always be improvement no matter what. Southlands soccer team started by barely winning a game 2-1 against a U-16 team then coming to lose  the best team in the league by 1 goal, 4-3. I saw a progress in this team.It was very hard but wasn't impossible to do.

Applied
 I had the chance to actually experience it with in my mentorship with coach Ana Mendez. I was seeing what drills or topics were very important for our soccer. The most important topic that coach Ana focused on was training to reduce the risk of injury. I got all my answers from seeing my team throughout the whole season and and other teams we played. For example how every soccer team may or may not have the same soccer formation but the field players might have a different role from the other team that would make a difference in winning or losing a game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment