Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Southlands vs Fairmont Prep

We have to line up all our bags in a
row so there wouldn't be bags
scattered around everywhere.
This is my teammate Jenny. She is awesome! She was game
ready! ahah


  
Walking to the field
Analysa, Briana and I (the bros)



Today was an away game against Fairmont Prep High School in Anaheim. This game counted as a league game so we didn't want to lose or tie. Our team was excited to play this game. When we were on the pitch, the ball was always on our opponents side because we had most of the possession and were trying to score. My team scored the first goal within the first 5 minutes of the game. We had many scoring opportunities but we just couldn't land one in. Starting second half with the score of 1-0 Fairmont made a goal. Their goal was our own mistake that made us upset. Those remaining minutes of the game were so frustrating because we were not scoring with all those shots on goal we had. There was about 30( I know!! that's a lot) Finally in the last 3-4 minutes, my teammate Diana took the ball for the right wing. She crossed the ball to the center where my other teammate Autumn and I were waiting for the ball. When the ball was crossed it was left untouched by the defenders and Autumn. Since she was playing right forward she was the one close to getting the ball first than me. But since the ball was left untouched it came to me on all the way on the left side. I took about one or two touches on the ball and shot  as the goalie tried to block the shot but I scored the goal. After that goal some of my teams ran up to hug me. The were screaming that they loved me! It was like winning a final or a world cup match. It was amazing. When the other team started from the half line again the whistle was blown that the game was over. We won!! 2-1 It was the most intense and frustrating game but I was proud of my team that we never gave up. We were just working twice as hard to win and it showed. My teammates all had a great performance.




No comments:

Post a Comment