Thursday, December 12, 2013

Saddleback vs Southlands

We had another home game. This game was against Saddleback Valley Christian. We heard that this team won CIF last year, so I was a bit nervous. I didn't know what to expect from this game. Starting in the game my team mate scored a goal in first five minutes of the game and I think that helped me ease off the nervousness and just play as a team like we are so accustom to. This game was very physical!! The other team was just using their body and just playing dirty. We didn't need to do any of that to play soccer which I thought was pretty cool.  I scored a goal in this game. I felt like I helped with that goal and just doing my best. In the second half we were winning but they just scored two goals and we were tied at 3-3. I don't even know what happened but we just kept trying to score. In the many years of playing, I got my first yellow card and had to be subbed out for 15 minutes. The reason why was because I went one on one with the goalie. She dropped the ball so I went after it and unfortunately the ref called it. It was more like the goalkeeper dropped me but in CIF rules once the goal keeper has the ball you basically can't touch them. In games, goalkeepers are prone to get hit a lot this they do all they can to block the ball. This rule helps keep the goalie safe from any serious injuries.We ended up tie the game with a 4-4 score. We were winning in the last minute but we just couldn't hold them off and the scored:( I think even though we tied we played an amazing game. Saddleback is the top team od the league and the fact that we were able to tie was awesome. This is the first year that Southlands has a girls soccer team so there is a great future for our team! 

No comments:

Post a Comment