Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blog 5: Project Reflection and Working EQ


Content:


1. One of the most positive things that happened was that I am now have some knowledge of what ligaments my sister tore from her injury and how that injury happened. She torn a little bit of her ACL and her meniscus which causes her knee to be locked when trying to straighten it. Everything I have learned is really interesting and I want to know more about my topic. The research I have found has helped me know the different types of injuries a soccer player can get.

2. One piece of research that has really helped is the book by Ronald P. Pfeiffer called Concepts of Athletic Training. It has helped me because it's everything you need to know about an athletic trainer, for example knowing the human anatomy, the laws of sports injury and evaluation. I haven't finished reading the book, but so far it's a good book.

3. What has worked for me so far in the senior project is finding good research every week and my topic in general because it is something I am planning on doing as a career.

4. Unfortunately what hasn't worked for me is finding an athletic trainer as a mentor. Also it's slightly hard to find research that doesn't involve trials or just reports. I have to go more in depth with my research which is good so it evens out.

5. Working EQ

  •  What is the best way for an athletic trainer to treat soccer injuries among athletes?
  • For mentorship I am trying to contact the athletic trainer from Diamond Ranch High School. Mr. Paulson also holds classes for students that are interested in Athletic Training or Sports Medicine, so it wouldn't be too impossible to volunteer there. If that doesn't work out as planned then I would ask the Athletic Trainer of Ganesha High School if it would be possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment