Thursday, April 24, 2014

Independent Component 2

Content:
LITERAL
(a) I, Jasmin Quiroz, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.

(b)  Ana Mendez, Coach of the Southlands Christian girls soccer team. I used the drills she taught the team during the season and past soccer coaches. I used them to train with my sister or usually alone.

(c) Done:)

(d) Since the Southlands girls' soccer season ended I had to find a way to do my 30 hours of independent component. What I did to complete these 30 hours was train on my own of all the drills I learned while doing mentorship at Southlands and past soccer teams I've been in. I would also try and come up with drills on my own. I have found that mountain biking has really helping me in the physical part of soccer. Biking helps me with endurance, core strength, and self reliance. I did 10.7 miles every time I went bike riding. I was also coaching my sister. Since she wants to get  back to playing soccer after her knee injury, I am trying to get her comfortable with bending her injured knee with agility drills. That focus on the cutting motion a soccer player needs to change direction. I am currently  in the process of helping my sister get fit to play soccer again. 

INTERPRETIVE
I am applying what I have learned from my previous mentor Coach Ana Mendez of Southlands and my interviewees. Such as drills, eating healthy, and training to get better in soccer. 










































































APPLIED
This component has helped me have a better understanding of my answers. I was experiencing these answers so I have knowledge of how they work and research on why they work. For example reducing the risk of injury by performing balance, strength and agility drills. These are the drills my team would do in mentorship with Coach Ana Mendez. I would do these drills in training for my independent component.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment